Jaguar Lease Return Center in Paramus, NJ
Our Jaguar lease return center is located at 405 NJ-17 in Paramus, NJ. If your lease is coming to a close, know that we’re ready to help you take whatever steps will come next! Read on to learn more about your lease-end options or find out what’s involved in returning a leased car. We’ve covered lease upgrades, lease buyouts, lease takeovers, and everything in between!
What Are My Lease-End Options?
Most drivers who visit our Jaguar lease return center pursue one of the four following options:
- Start a New Lease – After returning a leased car, you can choose one of our new vehicles and drive it home to Saddle River or Ridgewood. We’d be happy to talk you through leasing vs. buying.
- Close Your Account – You’re under no obligation to take the next steps at our lease return center. If you’d prefer to explore other options, simply pay any remaining fees and let us know that you won’t be leasing a new vehicle!
- Perform a Lease Buyout – If you choose to purchase your leased vehicle, you can negotiate on the price and bring it home with you for good.
- Request an Extension – One-time, six-month lease extensions are available for drivers who have kept their contract in good standing.
Returning a Leased Car: Necessary Preparations
Preparing to return a leased car requires a little bit of work. However, those who take the necessary steps won’t have to worry about any surprises when they visit our lease return center. Here’s what you should take care of in advance:
- Complete All Scheduled Maintenance – Hopefully, you’ve kept up with every item on your maintenance checklist. Failing to perform any necessary maintenance will cost you when the leased vehicle is returned.
- Clean Your Vehicle – Remove any personal items from the interior and make sure to delete any personal data from your onboard computers. You’ll vacuum the interior and wipe down your windows; we’ll take care of the exterior.
- Gather Your Key Fobs and Accessories – Any items that were delivered with the vehicle will need to be returned at the end of your lease. Failure to do so will result in additional charges.
- Schedule a Pre-Inspection – Although we’ll perform an inspection when you return the leased vehicle, scheduling a pre-inspection allows you to catch excess wear and tear before it results in additional charges.
When all of the necessary steps have been taken care of, just contact us to make your appointment! Let us know if you’ve been eyeing another vehicle for your next lease, too.
What is a Lease Buyout?
A lease buyout is the process of purchasing the vehicle that you’ve been leasing, but we can’t fully answer the question, “What is a lease buyout,” unless we dig into the differences between early and lease-end buyouts:
- A lease-end buyout is the most common type of buyout. Generally speaking, you’ll finance whatever remains of your vehicle’s value at the end of your leasing term. While the buyout price may be written into your contract, negotiation is possible in some cases. If you’re considering a lease buyout, do your research and make sure that the vehicle is worth every penny.
- Early lease buyouts are a little more complicated. They may be expressly prohibited by your contract, and even in the best cases, you’ll probably need to account for early termination fees. Still, an early lease buyout could help you avoid costly lease-end charges due to excess wear and tear, so you might save in the long run.
What is a Car Lease Takeover?
A car lease takeover may be an option for the driver who no longer has a use for their leased vehicle. If you can find someone who is willing to take on the financial obligations and responsibilities associated with your lease, contact our Jaguar lease return center to learn more about passing your vehicle on to another driver.
On the other side of things, taking over a car lease can be a great way to try out a vehicle without committing to a full two or three-year lease. Although doing so could also help you avoid a down payment, you should know that you’ll be responsible for any lease-end charges associated with mileage or wear and tear. Proceed with caution!
Start Your Next Lease at Our Dealership in New Jersey!
Before you start a new lease, make sure you’ve explored our current selection of Jaguar lease deals. Unlike many other dealerships in the Englewood area, we even offer certified pre-owned lease specials for the driver who’s interested in additional savings. Contact us today to learn more about your options!